Countries That Require an Authorized Visa from the Immigration Department to Enter Panama
- America: Haiti, Suriname.
- Europe: Albania, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, France, Finland,Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, Switzerland, Sweden, Greece
- Asia: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, People Republic of China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Republic Popular of Korea, Syria, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen.
- Africa: Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Chad, Ivory coast, Djibouti, Eritrea, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria,Palestine, Republic Popular of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leona, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia.
New Visa Regulation for Tourists
Please be informed that in order to facilitate the tourist visa process and based on the Executive Decree 248 dated 21 July 2009, citizens of any nationality holding a VALID multiple or double entry tourist or business visa from ONE of the following countries: United States of America, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom could enter the Republic of Panama and obtain a landing visa upon arrival.
Please be aware that before entering Panama, you must have used this visa issued by any of the above mentioned countries at least once. For example, if you have a United States’ visa, you must have entered the U.S. with that visa in order to qualify for the waiver. The abovementioned visa must be valid for at least a year prior to entering the Republic of Panama and your passport should be valid for at least 6 months. Transit visas will not qualify for this waiver.
You will qualify for this decree if you comply with all of these requirements:
• Have a valid passport with at least six months of validity.
• Have a valid tourist or business visa (not expired) from ONE of these countries: USA, United Kingdom, Canada or Australia. This visa must be valid for at least one year prior to entering into the Republic of Panama
• You must have used this visa to enter the country of issuance before. For example, if you have a United States’ visa, you must have entered the U.S. with that visa in order to qualify for the waiver.
Requirements for an Authorized Visa:
Nationals requiring authorized visas need to apply directly at the Immigration Department in Panama before their entry.
Please note that the application for an authorized visa has to be processed directly at Immigration Department in Panama and it also requires the approval of the National Security Council. This process cannot be done in our offices.
For more detailed information about the application process for an authorized visa, please visit:
Requirements for collection once the visa has been approved by the Immigration Department in Panama:
If the visa has been approved and sent to our office for issuance. Please present the following documents for collection:
- 1 completed application form
- Original Passport valid for at least 6 months
- 1 recent photo- in color and passport-size
- Return or onward ticket
- Sponsor’s letter (the responsible person while the visitor is in Panama)
- Sponsor’s Panamanian ID copy
- Financial Proof or bank statements
- Applicant’s HK identity Card (Original & copy)